Telespazio UK (TPZ UK) has its HQ just outside Luton and is part of Telespazio, a joint-venture between Leonardo (67%) and Thales (33%), one of the world’s main players in satellite solutions and services. With a pedigree in the UK stretching back over 40 years, Telespazio UK is an experienced consulting, technology, engineering, space operations and service development business.
Telespazio UK’s key capabilities are in the following domain areas:
- Earth Observation (EO) and Climate Change; strong expertise in supporting ESA, ECMWF, UKSA, and space primes to deliver and maintain resilient, secure, end-to-end solutions in the domains of Earth Observation, Navigation, Satellite Communications and Launch. The largest program being an EO Data Quality Service for ESA/ESRIN spanning all their data from 15+ operational and legacy mission data streams. More recently, TPZ UK has introduced artificial intelligence (AI) into this offering to provide enhanced service capability.
- Engineering and Programme Support; including onsite support for several customers, namely ESTEC (Netherlands), ESAC (Spain), ECSAT (United Kingdom) and Airbus (United Kingdom). TPZ UK has provided subject matter expertise and program support to almost every ESA mission in the last 40 years, as well as national and commercial program across Europe, the Middle East and beyond.
- Software Systems Development, supporting mission critical defence and civil solutions, including full life-cycle requirements analysis, systems design, software implementation, systems integration, test and through life support.
- Geo Information services; including the COSMO-SkyMed constellation, 3rd party satellite imagery and InSAR data-derived services to provide novel solutions from rapid flood mapping and smart infrastructure monitoring, to water leaks solutions for utilities companies.
- Satellite Communications; provision of services to the utility, maritime, government and institutional markets through a network of resellers of Telespazio products and services.
- Navigation; capability in resilient PNT solutions through the NAVISP program and UK GNSS projects covering rail, aviation and more recently timing applications.
Telespazio is at the forefront in many sectors: from the design and development of space-systems, to the management of launch services and satellites in-orbit control, from Earth Observation services to communications, from navigation and satellite tracking to scientific programmes.