Deimos Space UK Ltd
Deimos Space UK Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Elecnor Deimos and was created in 2013 to address the UK and UK-export markets for space systems, applications and services. The company is located at the Harwell-Oxford campus close to the UK Space Agency, ESA, RAL-Space, the Satellite Applications Catapult, and many other space companies. The Deimos group operates in several European countries across all of the areas of expertise to design, build and operate a space mission. The group owns several facilities including a satellite control centre, a ground station, cleanrooms and a space surveillance and tracking observatory.
Deimos Space UK offers expertise in the following upstream and downstream areas of space activity:
- Mission and Flight Systems Engineering
- Ground Segment Systems
- Earth Observation Applications
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
- Space Domain Awareness – Space Weather (SWE) and Space Surveillance & Tracking (SST)
The company staff work closely with partners including other parts of the Deimos group giving our customers access to the skills, experience and services of the whole group. Deimos UK operates in both the institutional and commercial sectors of space with key customers being the European & UK Space Agencies, the UK Ministry of Defence (RAF, DSTL) and commercial companies such as Airbus, OHB System, Thales Alenia Space & Orbital Express.
The UK company is particularly strong in several areas of technology:
- Use of Machine Learning (AI) for the processing of Earth observation data
- Incorporation of Earth observation data processing into commercial services using cloud infrastructure
- GNSS reflectometry, the processing of reflected GNSS signals from land and ocean
- Small launcher technologies, including trajectory analysis and guidance, navigation and control (GNC) of the launch vehicle
- Data processing of SWE & SST data
- GNSS precise orbit determination and receiver development