- This event has passed.
Securing Positioning & Timing – Training Short Course
March 18 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Understanding satellite navigation threats & steps to toughen and augment your system
Organised by the Royal Institute of Navigation and supported by the UK Space Agency, this course aims to provide an overview of the vulnerabilities of Positioning, Navigation and Timing systems. It will also provide awareness of how to identify risks and approaches to Protect, Toughen & Augment your Positioning, Navigation or Timing system or application.
- Protect: identify, locate, and classify threats
- Toughen: add resilience to the antenna or receiver
- Augment: fuse GNSS with alternative sensors.
Who is it for?
This course is pitched to be accessible to a wide audience that includes integrators, application teams, informed users and policy makers.
- Those wanting to improve knowledge and skills in relation to assured positioning and timing
- Critical infrastructure providers all of whom have some reliance on satellite-derived time and/or position
- Government departments needing an overview of the issues and approaches to secure positioning and timing
- Autonomous vehicle / drone users and system designers who want to understand global navigation satellite system (GNSS) vulnerabilities and steps to improve performance
- Those wanting to know what practical steps can be taken towards a more secure positioning and timing system
- System and application designers and users wanting practical information to understand best practices for positioning and timing resilience
Course fees are subsidised through the generous support of UK Space Agency.
- Delegate: full day including sandwich lunch £90.00
- Student delegate : full day including sandwich lunch £35.00
- Discounts for RIN members 20%