- This event has passed.
Innovation and Funding in Milsatcoms and Military Space
January 13 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This event is open to all SME members of UKspace.
The national space strategy lays out a clear vision where a collaborative approach from our government, agencies, expert institutions, commercial businesses and research sector brings together civil and defence activities. Lower costs and technological advances have allowed the commercialisation of space, resulting in a strong and growing UK space sector. There is greater opportunity for innovators and investment in new technologies and capabilities, but it isn’t always easy for new players to enter the field and to find the necessary funding. This panel discussion will discuss the importance and challenges of becoming an innovator in the space sector.
It will be followed by an SME showcase of new technology in 8-10 min slots, from Astroscale, Craft Prospect and Oxford Space Systems.
- Doug Liddle, CEO, In-Space Missions
- Paul Wells, Chair of the IET’s Satellite Technical Network
- Air Vice-Marshal Paul Godfrey OBE, Commander, United Kingdom Space Command
- Patrick Cahill, Deputy Director, Strategic Partner Programme at Cabinet Office in the Information Technology and Space sectors
- Professor Yang Gao, Professor of space autonomous systems, University of Surrey
- Paulina Tenner, Founder, GrantTree
- Allen Antrobus, Director – Military Space, Airbus
- Hannah White, Space Programmes, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS)