UKspace and ITN Business have co-produced a news-style programme called ‘This is Space’, designed to raise awareness and understanding of the UK’s growing space industry and its pioneering approach to solving global issues and consequently improving people’s lives around the world.
Anchored by Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock from ITN’s London Studio, ‘This is Space’ aims to broaden the general public’s knowledge and understanding, and inspire the next generation of space scientists by showcasing the latest space technologies and capabilities from the leading UK space organisations making significant strides in space innovation.
The programme features interviews with UKspace’s Nick Shave and the UK Space Agency’s Claire Barcham, and a special news report on the UK’s first planned satellite launch from Spaceport Cornwall. Additionally, there are reporter-led sponsored editorial profiles from the following organisations:
- Airbus – a global pioneer in the aerospace industry, operating in the commercial aircraft, helicopters, defence and space sectors
- ALL.SPACE – the world’s only intelligent multi-network service enablement platform, capable of linking with all satellites, all networks, in all orbits, all at once
- BAE Systems – providing some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions
- ICEYE – Finnish microsatellite manufacturer, changing the way we look at our world from space
- Rolls-Royce Submarines – powering the UK’s nuclear underwater defences, Rolls-Royce’s market-leading position in submarine propulsion systems encompass everything from design and procurement to manufacture and in-service support
- Satellite Applications Catapult – at the heart of the satellite services revolution, driving take-up of space technology and applications to shape and sustain the world of tomorrow.
- Satellite Vu – a high-growth space tech company poised to help the world address its sustainability challenges through high-resolution thermal imaging
- University of Portsmouth – a new breed of university, proud to be a breath of fresh air in the academic world, where everyone gets the support they need to achieve their best
- Viasat – a global communications company connecting homes, businesses, governments and militaries with satellite internet, connectivity solutions and additional services
You can watch the entire programme by clicking on this video, or watch each of the individual parts of the programme by clicking on the videos further down this page.