In the wake of COP26 and the targets agreed there, this hybrid conference will highlight how space technologies can help the UK and international partners achieve carbon neutral goals by 2050 or earlier.
The exciting conference programme will consist of a series of presentation and panel sessions that will explore the following topics:
- How can we use space technology to innovatively monitor and attribute emissions to enable the monitoring of net zero global progress?
- How we can integrate satellite information products to support businesses in assessing and mitigating climate and supply chain risk?
- What approaches can be utilised from satellite technology to enable the reduction of our carbon footprint from business and wider society?
- Is next generation technology to harness solar power from space a game changer or science fiction?
- George Freeman MP, Minister for Science, Research and Innovation, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Martin Soltau, Co-Chair, Space Energy Initiative
- Professor Paul S. Monks, Chief Scientific Adviser, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Sam Adlen, Chief Strategy Officer, Satellite Applications Catapult
- Susanne Mecklenburg, Head of the ESA Climate Office
- Rajeev Suri, Chief Executive Officer, Inmarsat
- Mark Hewer, CEO, Telespazio UK
- Dr. Geoff Busswell, Conference Committee Chair and Space Specialist Group Vice-Chair, Royal Aeronautical Society
Further details and registration