The Call for Space Technology Fast Track and Pathfinder projects as part of the National Space Technology Programme Round 1 is now open.
1 September 2016 – The Call for Space Technology Fast Track and Pathfinder projects as part of the National Space Technology Programme (NSTP3-ST) Round 1 is now open. The total budget available for the Call is £4500K, with additional PV funds required from industrial bidders. This Call aims to develop the growth of the UK space sector as embodied in the Space Innovation and Growth Strategy.
The UK Space Agency welcomes proposals from industry and academia for space technology research and development projects which must align with the National Space Technology Strategy and the related technology roadmaps covering the 5 main themes:
- Position, Navigation and Timing
- Exploration and Robotics
- Access to Space
Projects should develop technologies that offer a significant commercial opportunity and have a clear exploitation route to market. The case for the expected business return on the investment should be presented in the proposal and must clearly show the following requirements:
- a summary of the work, a project schedule/Gantt chart, work break down structure, outline work package descriptions and clearly defined deliverables by work package.
- a summary risk analysis table, identifying any anticipated risks and mitigation
- the potential accessible market size and estimated time to break even and enter profit, where applicable
- Any benefits to science, society or the economy should be described and where possible an explanation of how those benefits will be captured
Applications should also contain technology development roadmaps that show links to the Space Innovation and Growth Strategy 2014-2030 and National Space Technology Strategy:
Bidders should provide UKSA with notification of their intention to bid into this call by the timescales described in the Announcement of Opportunity (AofO) document. This information will be held in strict confidence. It will assist in the efficient evaluation of bids and ensure that bidders can receive any related information during the bid period.
For further information on how to apply, please go to the NSTP section on the UK Space Agency Funding and Opportunities page.
The Call for proposals for Grants for Exploratory Ideas will open in late 2016/early 2017.